Wednesday, December 29, 2010

97. White Barbecue Sauce Slaw


From 2007 Southern Living Annual Recipes

I am a HUGE fan of white barbecue sauce, and my favorite way to eat it is on a Hawaiian roll with pulled rotisserie chicken.

I always keep a bottle of Big Bob Gibson's sauce on hand, and I've never made my own. So, when I saw this recipe that used homemade white BBQ sauce within slaw, I knew I had to try it out.

I loved the crunch and texture the slaw gave to my typical sandwich, and the horseradish gave the white sauce a nice punch of flavor. It didn't taste anything like what I'm used to...but I'm hanging on to this recipe!


1 1/4  cups  mayonnaise
1/4  cup  horseradish
3  tablespoons  cider vinegar
1  tablespoon  lemon juice
1  teaspoon  coarsely ground pepper
1/4  teaspoon  salt

Stir together all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill at least 1 hour until ready to serve.

For Slaw: Combine 1 (16-oz.) package shredded coleslaw mix with carrots, 1/2 cup White Barbecue Sauce, 1/4 cup chopped red onion, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Toss gently; cover and chill 1 hour. 

No comments: