Saturday, December 25, 2010

94. Tiny Cinnamon Rolls


From 1997 Southern Living Annual Recipes

My family always has breakfast at my sister's house on Christmas morning to watch my three nieces with their gifts from Santa. I thought these would be a great contribution...and they were.

I actually woke up about an hour later than expected...and still had time to put these together. That's how easy they are to prepare.

And they certainly are tiny. Bite size. They're perfect for someone like me...who likes cinnamon rolls but doesn't have enough of a sweet tooth to generally eat a whole one. They're also the ideal size for kids.

I ended up doubling the icing after the initial drizzle because it just didn't look like they were coated enough.

1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 teaspoon milk
1 drop vanilla extract
Unroll crescent roll dough, and separate into 4 rectangles; pinch seams to seal.
Stir together sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over rectangles.
Roll up, jellyroll fashion, starting with a long side; press edges to seal. Cut each log into 5 slices, and place in a lightly greased 8-inch round cakepan.
Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
Combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, stirring until smooth; drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls.

No comments: