Tuesday, December 21, 2010

89. Avocado-Ranch Dressing


From 2006 Southern Living Annual Recipes


My friend Jenny had me over for dinner the other night (chicken and dumplings!), so I put together this dressing, knowing how much we both love guacamole, for a wedge salad to accompany.

You better love avocados, because the flavor is predominant. I thought it was a little thick...I should have thinned out a little with more milk. It's definitely a nice and different twist on ranch dressing...worth a try!

2 ripe avocados

1 cup Ranch dressing
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Cut avocados in half; scoop pulp into a food processor or blender.

Add 1 cup Ranch dressing and remaining ingredients to food processor. Process until avocado mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.

No comments: