Sunday, February 21, 2010

14. Dijon Pork Loin


From 2007 Southern Living Annual Recipes

I'm usually wary of cooking pork, since it dries out so easily, so I'm always looking for a great dish that comes out moist and tender, with plenty of flavor.

This recipe achieves all of that...the mixture provides a great crust that seals in the juices of the meat and gives it an amazing and unique taste.

While it may take awhile to cook, the preparation is a cinch. The recipe doesn't call for unsalted butter, but I opted to use it, given the salt in the steak seasoning.

4 Tbsp. steak seasoning (such as McCormick Grill Mates)
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 (3.5-4 pound) boneless pork loin roast, trimmed

Combine first four ingredients in a small bowl. Rub mixture evenly over roast. Place roast on an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.

Bake at 475 degrees for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 50-55 more minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.

1 comment:

Margot said...

I think this is one I voted for. I'm glad I did as the recipe sounds yummy. It also sounds so easy. Another one I have to try.