Friday, November 26, 2010

80. Quick Artichoke Dip


From 2002 Southern Living Annual Recipes


The Iron Bowl (Auburn-Alabama football game) is practically a holiday in Alabama...Birmingham itself literally shuts down for four hours. I'm a Georgia fan (and I know I shouldn't say that with any pride this year), so I never have a dog in this hunt, but I'm always up for a party.

This dip made a fabulous addition to the spread at my friend Jenny's get-together. It was sooo easy to put make, and it was delicious...tangy, creamy, undertone of artichokes. The Italian dressing gave it great flavor. YUM!

1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise

1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 (0.6-ounce) envelope Italian dressing mix
1 (16-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Process first 3 ingredients in a food processor until blended, stopping to scrape down sides. Add artichokes and cheese, pulsing 5 to 7 times or just until artichokes are coarsely chopped.

Spoon mixture into a serving bowl; cover and chill 1 hour.

No comments: