Wednesday, June 2, 2010

41. Creamy Chicken and Noodles


From 2007 Southern Living Annual Recipes

I've started keeping a folder in my car with printouts of recipes that I'd like to try for this challenge...so that I'm not caught unprepared at 7:00 at night in front of the grocery store, starving after a long day at work and a class at the gym...and very tempted to just get a frozen pizza.

It came in handy tonight...and this dish was divine. It was a cinch to put together and used many ingredients you probably already have on hand.

For as little as it cooked, it had tons of flavor, thanks to the Italian dressing mix. It had a "baked casserole" feel to it...a plate of comfort food. Next time, I think I'll add in fresh broccoli florets in with the boiling pasta to give the dish more color and texture...and get a veggie in for a complete meal.

1 (8-ounce) package egg noodles
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (0.6-ounce) envelope Italian dressing mix

Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain well and return noodles to pan.

Stir in butter and toss to coat. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook mixture over medium-high heat, tossing to coat evenly, for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

1 comment:

Plain Chicken said...

I've had this on my list for a while too. I finally made it last night and I loved it! I doubled the cheese - b/c everything is better with more cheese, right?