Sunday, March 28, 2010

23. Honey-Pecan Chicken Thighs


From 2002 Southern Living Annual Recipes

I actually came across this recipe by accident, while looking at another one. I realized I had everything but the chicken already on hand, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I checked out the reviews on SL's site, and they were overwhelmingly positive.

And...I agree. This was a delicious way to cook chicken. I was a little heavy-handed on the pecans, but other than that, it had amazing flavor...and the sauce was divine.

1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
1/2 tsp. dried thyme (I omitted)
8 skinned and boned chicken thighs
3/4 cup honey, divided
3/4 cup Dijon mustard, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/ cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 tsp. curry powder

Combine first 4 ingredients and sprinkle evenly over chicken in a shallow dish. Stir together 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup mustard and garlic. Pour over chicken, and cover and chill 2 hours.

Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Dredge chicken in pecans. Place on a lightly greased rack in an aluminum-foil lined broiler pan.

Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.

Stir together remaining 1/4 cup honey, remaining 1/4 cup mustard, and curry powder. Serve sauce with chicken.

No comments: