Monday, March 15, 2010

21. Warm Roasted Red Potato Salad


From 2009 Southern Living Annual Recipes

I was intrigued by this recipe when I saw it in the magazine last year, and I decided to try it tonight for a light dinner. It might sound unusual, but it really works.

I used spinach instead of salad greens, since I had it on hand...and, I love spinach salad with warm bacon vinaigrette, so I knew it was hearty enough to stand up to the heat and wilt well. Also, I'm not a fan of blue cheese, so I used Greek vinaigrette instead.

The dressing was "just enough" to lightly coat and not overwhelm...and it gave the dish a nice tangy flavor.

This is a simple, yet out-of-the-ordinary side dish that would make a fantastic accompaniment to a grilled steak.

1 (22-ounce) package frozen olive oil, Parmesan, and roasted garlic red potatoes (such as Alexia)
1 (5-ounce) package salad greens
1/2 cup blue cheese vinaigrette

Prepare potatoes according to package directions. Toss salad greens with warm potatoes and vinaigrette just before serving.

No comments: