Friday, September 24, 2010

66. Banana-Pecan Pound Cake


From 2006 Southern Living Annual Recipes

I originally came across this when I was searching for a cupcake recipe. Turns out, I didn't have enough liners when I got home, so I went with the suggested cake variation.

This pretty much tasted like banana bread (and less like "cake"), because it wasn't super sweet. On the other hand, it wasn't super moist, either, like traditional banana bread.

I was kind of so-so on this recipe...but it went FAST at work!

1 (16-oz.) package pound cake mix

3 large bananas, mashed
2 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
1-1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans


Beat first 4 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds. Scrape down sides, and beat at medium speed 3 minutes. Stir 1 cup pecans into batter.


Sprinkle 1/4 cup pecans evenly on bottom of a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan; spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.

No comments: