Monday, July 12, 2010

55. Garlic Herb Tilapia with Fruit Salsa


From 2007 Southern Living Annual Recipes

I'm wary of cooking fish at home, but when I do, I always opt for the grill or oven. I've stayed away from cooking it on the stovetop because I'm always worried I'll overcook the outside and leave the inside underdone.

But, I bit the bullet...and it was a big success!

The spice rub gave the fish great seasoning, and the flavor paired nicely with the salsa, which was an ideal blend of spicy and sweet, with tomatoes and onions mingling with big, juicy pieces of mango and peach.

I used thawed frozen fish, and my grocery store didn't have any tilapia, so I used mahi mahi instead.

This had a beautiful presentation and amazing taste...easy enough to put together quickly for a weeknight meal but also perfect to serve company.

1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets (about 4 fillets)
1 tablespoon McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning
1 cup refrigerated fruit salsa
1/2 cup seeded and chopped cucumber
2 tablespoons butter


Rub tilapia fillets evenly with seasoning. Stir together salsa and cucumber in a small bowl.


Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add tilapia, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until well browned and done. Serve immediately with salsa mixture.

No comments: