Monday, April 5, 2010

26. French Onion Biscuits



From 2007 Southern Living Annual Recipes

It should come as no surprise that my idea of baking biscuits starts with a frozen bag. I don't deal with dough.

But, look at me! Making biscuits! This recipe was too interesting to me to pass up...and the results were perfect. The French onion dip gave it just a hint of flavor (not overwhelming, but enough to be different), and the biscuits had a nice crust on the tops and bottoms with moist insides.

1 (8-ounce) carton French onion dip
1/4 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose baking mix
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Whisk together dip and milk until smooth. Stir in baking mix until well blended. Divide dough into 12 equal portions and arrange on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush tops of dough with melted butter.

Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes or until lightly golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

Margot said...

This one is really unusual. I love French Onion dip but I've never heard of it in biscuits. But - it probably works quite well. I have to try it. Thanks for sharing.